Health is wealth…
Good health equals to an important asset of one’s life and so to maintain good health you ought to have a balanced diet which contains all the nutrients in the same amount along with roughage and water. And interestingly the main source of roughage is salads. Salads are easy to make , very quick to throw up together and go-to anywhere anytime lunch. They are now given the title of Prince of Meals. And who is interested in eating the same old boring lettuce – cucumber-chicken or barbecue-vinaigrette every single day ?
Everybody wants a change , since Change is the only constant now! And making salad is no rocket science to learn , it’s just very easy.
So here I am with some very easy and interesting mix and match-ups with different flavours and textures without much to do in the kitchen to give you an altogether different experience:
- Add up new greens: lettuce every time may seem boring and old , so you can mix up it with spinach or romaine lettuce, endive or even mixed baby greens. You can also let go off the leaves and instead try adding tomatoes, celery , cucumbers etc. It will even make your bowl look different.
- Dressing up salads: it’s really fun to add up different sauces and dressings that will completely change the look and taste for your conventional salad. Olive oil is very easy to use. Even use of basic vinaigrette is easy to make up or even a bit of vinegar or fresh lemon juice too. To make it more of your taste , you can throw up herbs like oregano , basil or garlic as well.
- Some crunch adding: people always prefer something crunchy in all sorts of dishes. So let’s try to add some crunch in salad too. Using some roasted nuts , might be walnuts or even raw cabbage or raw onions can go. Even adding a bit of tortillas will make the salad go entirely different.
- Adding creativity and colours to your salads: you may add macroni or even pasta for more amazing flavour. If you don’t prefer lettuce or cabbage you can even use shredded carrots for the base. Even peppers and sunflower seeds would do great. So this time toss up vegetables as well.
- Let’s heat up things: adding one or two warm things will make it more exciting and change the texture of the salad. Hot chicken breast pieces, bacon pieces, tuna pieces or in case of Vegans , need not worry – tofu or soya can work out miracles.
So now it’s your time to do your bit and don’t let yourself be confined to what you see in television or restaurants or even just this , bring out your own style because salads are something you can’t ignore , they are very rich in vitamins and minerals which not only help easy digestion but also help in keeping our body fit and away from diseases. Apart from this , salads contain high fibre content and also act as antioxidants. So wake up before its too late..